Bible contradictions totoo ba na may contradiction o wala? coming soon…
Originally answered by Arman G. de Castro.
101 Clear Contradictions in the Bible
1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)–>Araunah the Jebusite
* Satan did (I Chronicles 21:1)–>Ornan the Jebusite
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?
* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)–>Araunah the Jebusite
* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)–>Ornan the Jebusite
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?
* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)–>Araunah the Jebusite
* Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)–>Ornan the Jebusite
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?
* Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)–>Araunah the Jebusite
* Three (I Chronicles 21:12)–>Ornan the Jebusite
#1-4 NO CONTRADICTIONS “THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT STORIES”.
2 SAMUEL 24:18-24
18And Gad came that day to David, and said unto him, Go up, rear an altar unto the LORD in the threshingfloor of Araunah the Jebusite.
19And David, according to the saying of Gad, went up as the LORD commanded.
20And Araunah looked, and saw the king and his servants coming on toward him: and Araunah went out, and bowed himself before the king on his face upon the ground.
21And Araunah said, Wherefore is my lord the king come to his servant? And David said, To buy the threshingfloor of thee, to build an altar unto the LORD, that the plague may be stayed from the people.
22And Araunah said unto David, Let my lord the king take and offer up what seemeth good unto him: behold, here be oxen for burnt sacrifice, and threshing instruments and other instruments of the oxen for wood.
23All these things did Araunah, as a king, give unto the king. And Araunah said unto the king, The LORD thy God accept thee.
24And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
I CHRONICLES 21:18-25
18Then the angel of the LORD commanded Gad to say to David, that David should go up, and set up an altar unto the LORD in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.
19And David went up at the saying of Gad, which he spake in the name of the LORD.
20And Ornan turned back, and saw the angel; and his four sons with him hid themselves. Now Ornan was threshing wheat.
21And as David came to Ornan, Ornan looked and saw David, and went out of the threshingfloor, and bowed himself to David with his face to the ground.
22Then David said to Ornan, Grant me the place of this threshingfloor, that I may build an altar therein unto the LORD: thou shalt grant it me for the full price: that the plague may be stayed from the people.
23And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do that which is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and the threshing instruments for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering; I give it all.
24And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full price: for I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings without cost.
25So David gave to Ornan for the place six hundred shekels of gold by weight.
ARAUNAH(paid by David 50 shekels of silver) and ORNAN (paid by David 600 shekels of gold weight) ARE THEY THE SAME PERSON? THE ANSWER IS “NO”
#1-4 CONTRADICTIONS IS CLOSED! TO JESUS CHRIST BE THE GLORY!!!
Compare other answer to that contradictions HERE
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?
* Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26) — 25th Joram reigned
* Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2) — Joram’s was already dead.
#5 NO CONTRADICTIONS “CHECK ON JORAM WHEN HE REIGNED“.
2 Kings 8:25-26 In the twelfth year of Joram (12th Years of Joram reign) the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah begin to reign.
26Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.
(Please check and see the previous chapter before the 2 CHRONICLES 22:2 with contradictions.)
2 CHRONICLES 21:16-20 (in here JORAM DIED)
16Moreover the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were near the Ethiopians:
17And they came up into Judah, and brake into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king’s house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.
18And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.
19And it came to pass, that in process of time, after the end of two years, his bowels fell out by reason of his sickness: so he died of sore diseases. And his people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers.
20Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed without being desired. Howbeit they buried him in the city of David, but not in the sepulchres of the kings.
2 Chronicles 22:2 (AFTER THEIR FATHER JORAM’S DEATH)
2Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.
#5 CONTRADICTION CLOSED! TO YESHUA/JESUS BE THE GLORY.
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?
* Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8) — Mother’s Name Nahusta
* Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9) — Mother’s Name Hamutal
7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?
* Three months (2 Kings 24:8)
* Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)
8Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother’s name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.
2 Chronicles 36:9-10 (check who was the brother of Jehoiachin in verse 10 Zedekiah his brother)
9Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.
10And when the year was expired, king Nebuchadnezzar sent, and brought him to Babylon, with the goodly vessels of the house of the LORD, and made Zedekiah his brother king over Judah and Jerusalem.
Here’s the answer for that verse Zedekiah his brother.
2 Kings 24:17-19 (SEE THE CHANGE NAME IN VERSE 17)
17And the king of Babylon made Mattaniah his father’s brother king in his stead, and changed his name to Zedekiah. (Mattaniah change name to Zedekiah)
18Zedekiah was twenty and one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Hamutal, the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah.
19And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, according to all that Jehoiakim had done.
#6 & #7 THEY ARE DIFFERENT PERSON WITH DIFFERENT MOTHER. CONTRADICTION CLOSED. TO YESHUA/JESUS BE THE GLORY!
8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?
* Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8)
* Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)
I Chronicles 11:11-12 And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time. 12And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo, the Ahohite, who was one of the three mighties.
2 Samuel 23:8-11 These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.
9And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away:
10He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the LORD wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil.
11And after him was Shammahthe son of Agee the Hararite. And the Philistines were gathered together into a troop, where was a piece of ground full of lentiles: and the people fled from the Philistines.
THE 3 MIGHTIES (Jashobeam, Eleazar, Shammah)
TACHMONITE IS THE LEADER OF THE “THREE MIGHTIES”.
#8 CONTRADICTION CLOSED – TO YESHUA/JESUS BE THE GLORY!
9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?
* After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
* Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
Continue your reading in I Chronicles 15 (Chapter 15) still “After”.
#9 CONTRADICTION CLOSED – TO YESHUA/JESUS BE THE GLORY!
10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?
* Two (Genesis 6:19, 20) — without cleaned animals
* Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9) with cleaned animals.
Genesis 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
In Genesis 7:2 GOD was talking about cleaned and uncleaned animals but in Genesis 6:19, 20 (every living thing of all flesh no cleaned and uncleaned rules).
#10 CONTRADICTION CLOSED – TO YESHUA/JESUS BE THE GLORY!
11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?
* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4) – (RECOVER)
* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4) –(STABLISH)
2 Samuel 8:3-4 (King James Version)
3David smote also Hadadezer, the son of Rehob, king of Zobah, as he went to RECOVER his border at the river Euphrates.
4And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.
1 Chronicles 18:3-4 (King James Version)
3And David smote Hadarezer king of Zobah unto Hamath, as he went to STABLISH his dominion by the river Euphrates.
4And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.
12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?
* Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26) – (FOR HORSES ONLY)
* Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25) – (FOR HORSES AND CHARIOTS)
1 Kings 4:26 (King James Version)
26And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
2 Chronicles 9:25 (King James Version)
25And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses AND chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
13. In what year of King Asa’s reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?
* Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 – 16:8)
* Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)
ASA’S REIGN IN 41 YEARS SO HE STILL ALIVE IN THE 36TH YEAR 1 KING 15:10.
1 Kings 15:9-10 (King James Version)
9And in the twentieth year of Jeroboam king of Israel reigned Asa over Judah.
10And forty and one years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Maachah, the daughter of Abishalom.
1 Kings 15:23-24 (King James Version)
23The rest of all the acts of Asa, and all his might, and all that he did, and the cities which he built, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? Nevertheless in the time of his old age he was diseased in his feet.
24And Asa slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his stead.
1 Kings 15:32 (King James Version)
32And there was war between Asa and Baasha king of Israel all their days.
14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?
* Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2) – TEMPLE AND PALACE OF SOLOMON (ALL STRANGERS)
* Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16) – (MIXED SOLOMON’S BUILDERS AND HIRAM’S BUILDERS see verse I Kings 5:18)
2 Chronicles 2:1-2 (King James Version)
1And Solomon determined to build an house for the name of the LORD, and an house for his kingdom.
2And Solomon told out threescore and ten thousand men to bear burdens, and fourscore thousand to hew in the mountain, and three thousand and six hundred to oversee them.
2 Chronicles 2:17-18 (King James Version)
17And Solomon numbered all the strangers that were in the land of Israel, after the numbering wherewith David his father had numbered them; and they were found an hundred and fifty thousand and three thousand and six hundred.
18And he set threescore and ten thousand of them to be bearers of burdens, and fourscore thousand to be hewers in the mountain, and three thousand and six hundred overseers to set the people a work.
1 Kings 5:16-18 (King James Version)
16Beside the chief of Solomon’s officers which were over the work, three thousand and three hundred, which ruled over the people that wrought in the work.
17And the king commanded, and they brought great stones, costly stones, and hewed stones, to lay the foundation of the house.
18And Solomon’s builders and Hiram’s builders did hew them, and the stonesquarers: so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.
15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?
* Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26) – CONTAINED (THIS SHOULD BE THE CONTENT)
* Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5) – IT RECEIVED MEANING MAXIMUM YOU CAN ADD STILL UP TO 3,000 baths.
1 Kings 7:26 (King James Version)
26And it was an hand breadth thick, and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies: it contained two thousand baths.
2 Chronicles 4:5 (King James Version)
5And the thickness of it was an handbreadth, and the brim of it like the work of the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies; and it received and held three thousand baths.
THE 16 TO 24 Contradictions don’t have any contradictions because 1 Ezra and 2 Ezra (Nehemiah)
see this link 1 Ezra and 2 Ezra (Nehemiah)
THE 1 EZRA and 2 EZRA (NEHEMIAH) ARE TWO DIFFERENT BOOKS.
In 1 Ezra is ABOUT THE BUILDING OF THE TEMPLE while the 2 Ezra (Nehemiah) IS ABOUT BUILDINGS OF WALL AND GATES OF CITY OF JERUSALEM
THERE ARE 3 KINGS INVOLVED KING CYRUS, DARIUS AND ARTAXERXES OF PERSIA
KING CYRUS REIGN 559 BC-530 BC (30 years) (1 EZDRA 1:1) = KING CYRUS OF PERSIA
KING DARIUS (I EZDRA 4:6) = KING DARIUS OF PERSIA
KING ARTAXERXES REIGN 486 BC to 465 BC (21 YEARS) (2 EZRA OR NEHEMIAH 1:1) = KING ARTAXERXES OF PERSIA
465 – 559 = 94 YEARS……in 94 years the population is not the same as before.
16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?
* Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
* Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)
17. How many were the children of Zattu?
* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8)
* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)
18. How many were the children of Azgad?
* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)
19. How many were the children of Adin?
* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)
20. How many were the children of Hashum?
* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?
* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
* One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:
* 29,818 (Ezra)
* 31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?
* Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
* Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
#11-15 & 16-23 CONTRADICTIONS IS CLOSED! TO YESHUA/JESUS CHRIST BE THE GLORY!!!
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
* Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2) see the word ALSO
* Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE VERSES OF THIS CONTRADICTION
2 Chronicles 13:1-2 (King James Version)
1Now in the eighteenth year of king Jeroboam began Abijah to reign over Judah.
2He reigned three years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name alsowas Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam.
2 Chronicles 11:20 (King James Version)
20And after her he took Maachah the daughter of Absalom; which bare him Abijah, and Attai, and Ziza, and Shelomith.
2 Samuel 14:27 (King James Version)
27And unto Absalom there were born three sons, and one daughter, whose name was Tamar: she was a woman of a fair countenance.
CAN BE THE SAME NAME BECAUSE OF THE WORD “ALSO” MEANING SAME PERSON WITH “ALIAS” (2 Chronicles 13:2 His mother’s name ALSO was Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah.)
OTHER VERSES AS A SOURCE OF THIS CONTRADICTION
1 Kings 15:1-2 (King James Version)
1Now in the eighteenth year of king Jeroboam the son of Nebat reigned Abijam over Judah.
2Three years reigned he in Jerusalem. and his mother’s name was Maachah, the daughter of Abishalom.
1 Kings 15:10 (King James Version)
10And forty and one years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Maachah, the daughter of Abishalom.
Abishalom = Absalom. (1 Kings 15:1-2)
Abijam = Abijah (1 Kings 15:1-2)
HERE’S ARE SOME ADDITIONAL INCIDENTS THAT MIGHT HAD HAPPENED
THE NAME OF SON OF JEROBOAM IS ABIJAH
I KINGS 14:1 AT THAT TIME Abijah the son of Jeroboam fell sick.
I KINGS 14:12 Arise thou therefore, get thee to thine own house: and when thy feet enter into the city, the child shall die.
I KINGS 14:17 And Jeroboam’s wife arose, and departed, and came to Tirzah: and when she came to the threshold of the door, the child died.
I KINGS 14:20 And the days which Jeroboam reigned were two and twenty years (22 years); and he slept with his fathers, and Nadab his son reigned in his stead.ere is fo
THIS IS THE PROOF THAT ABIJAH THE SON OF JEROBOAM REIGNED…(ALL ISRAELITES SAW IN HIM AND HAD FOUND SOME GOOD THING TOWARD THE LORD GOD I KING 14:13)
I KING 14:13 And all Israel shall mourn for him, and bury him: for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the LORD GOD of Israel in the house of Jeroboam.
THE ABIJAH WHO REIGNED in (18th year) of Jeroboam is HIS SON ABIJAH.
Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (IS THE WIFE OF JEROBOAM)
Gibeah = 2 miles north of Jerusalem (I KING 11:29 and it came to pass at that time when Jeroboam went out of Jerusalem (THE PROPHECY OF 10 TRIBES OF ISRAEL)
TAKE YOUR PEAK…. WHICH INCIDENT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN.
#24 CONTRADICTION IS CLOSED…TO GOD YESHUA/JESUS IS THE GLORY.
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
* Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
* No (Joshua 15:63) – YES (READ JUDGE 1:8)
Judges 1:8 (King James Version)
8Now the children of Judah had fought against Jerusalem, and had taken it, and smitten it with the edge of the sword, and set the city on fire.
#25 CONTRADICTION IS CLOSED….TO GOD YESHUA/JESUS IS THE GLORY.
#26 – 33 DON’T HAVE CONTRADICTIONS
READ VERY CAREFULLY..
IN MATTHEW 1-17 (JESUS CHRIST NOT YET BORN)
WHILE IN LUKE 3:23-28 (JESUS IS 29 YEARS OLD ALREADY &YOU CANNOT FIND SOLOMON HERE AND REHOBOAM THE SON OF SOLOMON)
THE LUKE 3:23-28 THOSE ARE ONLY SPECULATIONS OF PEOPLE ABOUT JESUS. HE IS 39 YEARS OLD DURING THAT TIME.
READ THIS: LUKE 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
THE SON OF DAVID IS SOLOMON THE SON OF SOLOMON IS REHOBOAM (MATTHEW 1:7 & I KINGS 11:43 And solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead.
IN THE BOOK OF LUKE 3:23-28 YOU CANNOT FIND THE SON OF DAVID SOLOMON AND THE SON OF SOLOMON REHOBOAM (I REPEAT LUKE IS JUST SPECULATIONS JESUS IS 39 YEARS OLD ALREADY DURING THAT TIME)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
* Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
* Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
* Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
* Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
* Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
* Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
* Joram (Matthew 1:8)
* Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?
* Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
* Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?
* Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
* But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?
* Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
* Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
#26-33 CONTRADICTIONS ARE CLOSED…TO GOD YESHUA/HESUS IS THE GLORY.
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
* Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
* No (John 1:19-21)
JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS NOT AWARE THAT HE IS ELIJAH. BUT YESHUA/JESUS CHRIST KNEW IT.
Malachi 4:5-6 (King James Version)
5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
Luke 1:17 (King James Version)
17And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
REMEMBER: A PERSON HAS ONLY SPIRIT.
Luke 1:76 (King James Version)
76And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
PROPHECY ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST
Isaiah 40:3 (King James Version)
3The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
FULFILLMENT OF ABOVE PROPHECY
John 1:22-23 (King James Version)
22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias(Isaiah).
JESUS SAID ELIJAH OR JOHN THE BAPTIST HAS ARRIVED ALREADY JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW 17:10-13)
#34 CONTRADICTION IS CLOSED…TO GOD YESHUA/JESUS IS THE GLORY.
35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
* Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
* No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)
JESUS SAID HE IS NOT THE SON OF DAVID
Matthew 22:45 (King James Version)
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
#35 CONTRADICTION IS CLOSED…… TO GOD YESHUA/JESUS IS THE GLORY
36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?
* One – a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:35). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
* Two – a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon. (THEY SET HIM THEREON)
The Matthew 21:7 given by Shabir Ally is wrong. (he sat thereon is wrong)
READ THIS… Matthew 21:7 (King James Version)
7And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
THEY SET HIM THEREON not HE SAT THEREON….
ACCORDING TO THE PROPHECY….
Zechariah 9:9 (King James Version)
9Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass,
and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
Matthew 21:2 (King James Version)
2Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
THE COLT AND ASS IS STATED IN THE PROPHECY. EVEN THOUGH THEY BROUGHT TWO ANIMALS JESUS RODE IN JUST ONE ASS (THEY SET HIM
THEREON) and you don’t know how many times it happened in Jerusalem remember REMEMBER JESUS CHRIST WAS NOT ALIVE FOR A YEAR.
USE YOUR LOGIC NO ONE CAN RIDE ON TWO ANIMALS AT A TIME UNLESS YOU WILL GO DOWN AND RIDE AGAIN.
TRY TO PICTURE THIS IN YOUR MIND IF A PERSON RIDES ON TWO ANIMALS AT THE SAME TIME ONE LEG ON ONE ANIMAL AND THE OTHER LEG IS ON THE OTHER. SO IT IS NOT LITERALLY SITTING BUT SPLITTING HIS LEGS.
37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
* By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17) – SON OF GOD not only CHRIST REVELATION
* His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41) – CHRIST REVEALED BECAUSE OF JOHN THE BAPTIST (JOHN 1:35-37)
In JOHN 1:35-42 – is about THE CALLING of Jesus first two (2) disciples. (Andrew and Simon Peter)
FROM THE VERY START they are already aware that Jesus is Christ.
In MATTHEW 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
In MATTHEW 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (In this verse is not the revelation of Christ but the revelation in the “SON OF GOD”).
Before Matthew 16 scenario
SON OF GOD = (THE EVERLASTING FATHER AND MIGHTY GOD ISAIAH 9:6, ISAIAH 7:14, FULFILLMENT OF THAT PROPHECIES IN MATTHEW 1:22-23)
38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
* By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
* On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43) – HAPPENED 3 DAYS AFTER THE BAPTISM.
John 1:28 in BITANIA (FIRST DAY)
John 1:29 (King James Version)
29The next day (SECOND DAY) John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
John 1:35 (King James Version)
35Again the next day (THIRD DAY) after John stood, and two of his disciples;
JOHN 1:42-43 THIS HAPPENED 3 DAYS AFTER THE BAPTISM. See John 1:29 and John 1:35
39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?
* Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
* No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death. (Yes. there is a news that the girl is dead read Mark 5:35)
Mark 5:35 (King James Version)
35While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further?
THERE IS A NEWS RECEIVED IN MARK 5:35. THEN THEY PROCEEDED TO THE HOME OF THE DEAD CHILD.
40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
* Yes (Mark 6:8)
* No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)
9Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
10Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
LUKE 9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
STAVES IS A PLURAL OF STAFF…….YOU CAN BRING ONE STAFF BUT NOT MANY……SEE MARK 6:8
41. Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?
* Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
* No (Luke 9:9) – YES read carefully the verse
Luke 9:9 (King James Version)
9And Herod said, John have I beheaded: but who is this, of whom I hear such things? And he desired to see him.
YES ALSO, IN LUKE 9:9 HEROD THOUGHT IMMEDIATELY THE ONE HE BEHEADED WAS JOHN.
42. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?
* Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
* No (John 1:32,33) READ JOHN 1:30
John 1:30 (King James Version)
30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
43. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?
* Yes (John 1:32, 33)
* No (Matthew 11:2) – YES, JOHN RECOGNIZE JESUS THAT IS THE REASON WHY JOHN SEND HIS DISCIPLES TO JESUS.
IF HE DOES NOT KNOW JESUS HE WILL NOT SEND HIS DISCIPLES TO HIM.
Matthew 11:2 (King James Version)
2Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
JOHN WANTS CONFIRMATION THAT’S WHY JESUS SAID in MATTHEW 11:6.
Matthew 11:6 (King James Version)
6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
44. According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?
* If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:31) – TWO DIFFERENT SCENARIO (ABOUT THE JUDGE)
* Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14) – TWO DIFFERENT SCENARIO (ABOUT THE LIGHT)
John 5:30-31 (King James Version)
30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
John 8:12-14 (King James Version)
12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
13The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
14Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
YOU WILL NOTICED IT IS ONLY IN THE BOOK OF JOHN CHAPTER 5 and 8 happened that scenario “JUDGE”‘ is different from “LIGHT” those are the topics.
45. When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day?
* Yes (Matthew 21:12)
* No. He went into the temple and looked around, but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse the temple (Mark 11:1-17) WRONG VERSE THIS SHOULD BE (MARK 11:11)
46. The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at once?
* Yes. (Matthew 21:19)
* No. It withered overnight (Mark 11:20)
YESHUA/JESUS RETURN TO JERUSALEM FROM BETHANY THREE TIMES (3X)
11And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve. (FIRST DAY)
12And on the morrow (2ND DAY) , when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
13And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
14And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
15And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
16And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
17And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
18And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
19And when even was come, he went out of the city. (HERE WENT OUT AGAIN)
20And in the morning (THE NEXT DAY – THIRD DAY ), as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
47. Did Judas kiss Jesus?
* Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
* No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)
JOHN 18:3-12 this was the first incident happened.
If they WERE NOT not get close to Jesus how come PETER cut the ear of Malchus in JOHN 18:10.
NOTE: There was missing incidents in between John 18:9-10.
48. What did Jesus say about Peters denial?
* The cock will not crow till you have denied me three times (John 13:38)
* Before the cock crows twice you will deny me three times (Mark 14:30) . When the cock crowed once, the three denials were not yet complete (see Mark 14:72). Therefore prediction (a) failed.
NOTE: COCK’S CROWS TWICE.
LUKE 22:60 HE WAS NOT YET FINISHED TALKING (COCK’S FIRST CROW)
Luke 22:60 (King James Version)
60And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
Mark 14:72 (King James Version) (COCK’S 2ND CROW)
72And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.
THE PETER’S DENIAL FINISHED AFTER TWO COCK’S CROWS.
49. Did Jesus bear his own cross? (Read also Mark 15:21-22 & Luke 23:26-27 )
* Yes (John 19:17)
* No (Matthew 27:31-32) – SIMON COMING OUT OF THE COUNTRY (FARM)
John 19:17 (King James Version)
17And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
Matthew 27:31-32 (King James Version)
31And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
32And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross..
Mark 15:21-22 (King James Version)
21And they compel one Simon a Cyrenian, who passed by, coming out of the country(FARM), the father of Alexander and Rufus, to bear his cross.
22And they bring him unto the place Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull.
Luke 23:26-27 (King James Version)
26And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian, coming out of the country (FARM), and on him they laid the cross, that he might bear it after Jesus.
27And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him
32And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
NOTE: DID JESUS COME FROM THE FARM? NO!!!
50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?
* Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark 15:37-38) – THE VEIL OF THE TEMPLE WAS RENT IN TWAIN FROM TOP TO THE BOTTOM
* No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46) – THE VEIL OF THE TEMPLE WAS RENT IN THE MIDST NOT YET COMPLETED…..WHERE IS THE WORD “TOP TO THE BOTTOM”?
Matthew 27:50-52 (King James Version)
50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mark 15:37-38 (King James Version)
37And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
38And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
Luke 23:45-46 (King James Version)
45And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
IN LUKE 23:45-46 THE VEIL WAS RENT IN THE MIDST ONLY NOT YET COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.
NOTE: WHEN HE DIED THE TEMPLE WAS TOTALLY RIPPED OFF.